ISRO PhD Admission Test: May, 2017
* Test Location – Trivandrum ONLY
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology envisions the integration of Space Technology and Space Science educational programs with basic and applied research for meeting the national R&D requirements of science and technology in general and of the Indian Space Programme in particular. The institute provides a vibrant research atmosphere and offers doctoral and postdoctoral programmes. Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Programme starting in July 2017, in the areas of Aerospace Engineering, Avionics, Earth and Space Sciences, Humanities, Mathematics and Physics.
- Applicants with Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology Applicants with Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology must have secured first class or equivalent in the Master’s degree. They must have pursued their Master’s degree on the basis of qualified GATE score. Candidates with MS in Engineering or equivalent from leading foreign Universities with outstanding academic record (or) MS by Research with outstanding academic record can be considered without GATE. Candidates with Integrated Masters degree (or Dual Degree) in Engg/Tech from IITs and IISc with minimum CGPA 9.0/10 can be considered without GATE.
- Applicants with Master’s Degree in Science Applicants must have Master’s Degree in the relevant area with first class or equivalent in their Master’s degree. They must have qualified UGC/CSIR NET -JRF (or) NET-Lectureship (or) GATE qualified in the relevant disciplines.
- Applicants with Master’s Degree in Humanities. Applicants must have Master’s Degree in the relevant area with first class or equivalent in their Master’s degrees. They must have qualified UGC/CSIR NET -JRF (or) NET-Lectureship in the relevant disciplines.
- Applicants with Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology Outstanding candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with an excellent academic record and aptitude for research may be considered for direct admission to the Ph.D. Programme. Such candidates must have secured CGPA of 9.0/10 or better and a valid GATE score of 675 or better. B. Tech students from IITs with CGPA better than 9.0/10 do not require GATE.
How to apply
How to apply
- Applications shall be submitted online at the IIST website www.iist.ac.in. Applications received online only will be considered.
- The applicants will not be allowed to make any changes in the profile registration once submitted. Hence utmost care should be taken by the applicant while filling the profile.
- Application fee is to the extent of Rs. 600/- per Department (for SC/ST/PD and Women applicants – Rs.300/- per Department). If the applicant is eligible and wishes to apply for more than one Research Area in the same Department, he/she need not have to pay any additional application fee. However, such applicant who wishes to apply for more than one Research Area within the same Department need to indicate his/her choice of Research Areas in the order of his/her preference. The application fee is non-refundable.
- The application fee shall be paid after two days of registration through “SBI Collect”
- Applicants who are employed in Government/Semi Government/PSUs/ Autonomous Bodies need to produce a “No Objection Certificate (NOC)” from the current employer at the time of Interview.
- SC/ST/OBC/Persons with Disabilities (PD) applicants shall upload in the website, the relevant certificate before the prescribed date.
- Applications will be received until April 30, 2017 only through on-line.
- From the eligible applicants, a short-listing will be done, taking into account their applicable GATE/NET scores. Therefore applicants are advised to enter:
- GATE score through which Master’s Degree has been pursued;
- Best GATE score if the applicant possesses more than one GATE score.
- Candidates having fellowship from the Government of India funding agencies such as DST, CSIR, MeiTY, INAE, NBHM, UGC etc may also apply for Ph.D. admission in various departments in IIST. Final decision on the eligibility of such fellowships will be taken by IIST.
- List of short-listed applicants for written test or interview will be displayed in IIST website by May 19, 2017.
- Depending on the number of applicants who have applied, the final selection will be based on an interview, which will be conducted at IIST, Thiruvananthapuram during June 12 to 15, 2017. In case of very large number of applicants being shortlisted for Ph.D. admission, a written test will be conducted for shortlisted applicants for the interview.
- Selected applicants will be intimated the result within a week after the final interview. Results will also be displayed in the IIST website on June 19, 2017.
- Outstation applicants will be reimbursed to and fro sleeper class train fare/bus fare by shortest route from the place mentioned in the application to Thiruvananthapuram, or actual fare paid (whichever is less) for attending the interview. The applicants are advised to make their own arrangements for their stay at Thiruvananthapuram, at their cost.
- Opening of IIST website for online submission of applications : 06th April 2017.
- Closing of IIST website for online submission of applications : 30th April 2014
- Display of shortlisted candidates for Test/Interview : May 19, 2017
- Interview Date window : June 12-15, 2017
- Display of Provisionally selected candidates : June 19, 2017
- Commencement of Classes for Ph.D. students : July 24, 2017 (Monday)